Brainerd Jaycees Run for the Lakes 2022 Relay Marathon
The start line for the marathon is on Lower Cullen Road, just past Carlson Hardware and before the Fire Station entrance. There will be water, Powerade and portable restrooms available near the start line.
Before the race, participants may check a bag with their warm-up/post-race gear. Runners may drop their bag directly in the bag check tent at the finish line or on the designated vehicle located at the Start Line, which will be transported to the bag check tent at the finish line. Your bib number has a tear off portion to use for checking your bag. Please use the race bag provided at packet pick-up. You may go to the bag check/pick-up tent after the race to retrieve your bag.
Each mile along the course will be marked with signs placed on the right side of the course. Clocks are available at the half-way point of the full marathon and the finish line. Runners must run under the timing antennas or they will not get a time.
At packet pickup, each team will receive one race belt that will be exchanged at each relay exchange point. Along with the belt each team will receive information including:
- A list of official rule
- Relay belt instructions
- Directions to relay exchange zones
- Car transport vehicle marker
Note: You may designate one person to pick up the instructions and race packets for your whole team.
- Relay transitions must be made at the relay exchange zones which are at miles 6.5, 13.1 and 19.75
- Relay teams will transport themselves to the trade-off sites
- Each team is allowed one car for transporting on the course
- Relay Officials will be at each transition to verify the exchange, assist runners and answer any questions.
- Exchange zones 1 & 3 are located on East Lake Hubert Drive, directly across from Shadow Lane.
Note: The 1st and 3rd exchange zones are located at the same point & parking is available along Shadow Lane
- Exchange zone 2 is located on Church Street, just past St. Christopher’s Church.
Relay transport vehicles may park in the church parking lot or in the gravel lot across the street.
Water and portable restrooms are available at the Relay Exchange Zones
Relay Team Awards
Each relay runner will receive a medal and moisture management t-shirt. New this year, awards will be given to the 1st Place Male, Female and Co-ed relay teams.
Once again we will have pacers at Run for the Lakes. This handy dandy chart shows you which times will be targeted by our pacers.
|1.75/14.5||Water, Powerade, GU @ mile 14.5|
|4.75/18||Water, Powerade, First Aid|
|6.5/19.75||Water, Powerade, Food|
|8.25/21.5||Water, Powerade, GU @ mile 21.5|
|10/23.25||Water, Powerade, First Aid, Food|
|Finish Line||Water, Powerade, First Aid, Food, Massage|
Brainerd Jaycees Run for the Lakes Marathon Map
Here is the Course Map. Click image to enlarge